Twitter was founded 10-years-ago today (happy birthday, blue bird logo thing!) and that decade has passed by so quickly.
We should probably tweet a meme about freshmen year versus senior year.
Every time we tap that app on our phone we know we'll be met with something new, whether it's a feud reaching its peak, Bachelor fans freaking out over a finale, or breaking news about something important.
Or, you know, breaking news about Ecto-Cooler making a comeback, or whatever.
Twitter is there for the big moments and the inane day-to-day, and it's also brought us one step closer to our favorite stars.
Who can pass up an in-depth look at a celeb's life through a real-time timeline?
To celebrate, let's look at some big moments for the stars who keep us super-entertained while we're scrolling through tweets.Here's the breakdown of the most retweeted tweets by Twitter's most-followed celebs.
1. Katy Perry:
IF ONE DIRECTION DOESN'T PERFORM ON THE VMA'S I AM GONNA JUMP OFF THIS LEDGE— KATY PERRY (@katyperry) September 6, 2012
2. Justin Bieber:
YOU ARE ALL WORTHY NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS >> BE STRONG GOD IS WITH US ALL> MY BELIEBERS CHANGED MY LIFE> I WILL FOREVER BE GRATEFUL— Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) January 24, 2014
3. Taylor Swift :
I don't understand this odd dress debate and I feel like it's a trick somehow. I'm confused and scared. PS it's OBVIOUSLY BLUE AND BLACK
— Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) February 27, 2015
Pretty sure the whole thing was shut down thanks to the star, finally, telling us what the truth was.
4. Barack Obama:
Four more years. pic.twitter.com/bAJE6Vom— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) November 7, 2012
Obama's big tweet? Celebrating his reelection in 2012 with wife Michelle Obama.
5. Rihanna:
listening to ANTI 🎈 pic.twitter.com/AgqlhU0GEz— Rihanna (@rihanna) January 25, 2016
6. Lady Gaga:
You know what @onedirection ? Your fans REALLY love you, and it's beautiful to see! Enjoy your Moonman! Love, Seashell Girl *winks* xx— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) August 27, 2013
7. Ellen DeGeneres:
If only Bradley's arm was longer. Best photo ever. #oscars pic.twitter.com/C9U5NOtGap— Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) March 3, 2014
How can you top that star power?!
8. Justin Timberlake:
Kanye is so cute, y'all.— Justin Timberlake (@jtimberlake) August 31, 2015
The singer shouted out Kanye West after 'Ye called him out for crying at the MTV VMAs. Timberlake insisted his response wasn't a jab.
9. Britney Spears:
Does anyone think global warming is a good thing? I love Lady Gaga. I think she's a really interesting artist.— Britney Spears (@britneyspears) February 10, 2011
We feel for Spears on this one. She knows how to get a lot done in a single tweet.
10. Kim Kardashian:
sorry I'm late to the party guys I was busy cashing my 80 million video game check & transferring 53 million into our joint account 🤑🤑🤑💰💰💰— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) March 8, 2016
The star took a few tweets to defend a recent nude selfie, and she wasn't holding back. Haters, beware!

No comments:
Post a Comment